Managing Neurodiversity in the Workplace
Neurodiversity is the term used to refer to the naturally occurring differences in the way that our minds work; no two brains are quite the same. People with a neurodivergence can bring many positive attributes to a workplace, however, there are also aspects of the workplace that might present challenges.
This course will help delegates to better understand and support neurodivergent employees to allow them to maximise their potential in the workplace.
Who should attend?
This course will be useful to anyone involved in managing people including those with HR responsibilities.
Who will deliver the training?
Our management training is delivered by highly experienced and qualified HR practitioners with genuine ‘hands-on’ practical experience of supporting employers all over the UK with their HR requirements.
What are the benefits?
Delegates will increase their knowledge on neurodiversity so that they can be more alert to the potential challenges experienced by neuro-divergent employees.
Managers will feel more confident in having supportive conversations with staff to understand and respond to their needs. This will help create a more diverse, engaged and inclusive workforce where everyone’s strengths can be harnessed for the benefit of the organisation.
The organisation will also reduce its potential liability to disability discrimination.
- What is neurodiversity and what does it mean to be neurodivergent?
- The positive qualities might someone who is neuro-divergent bring to a workplace
- The challenges that can be experienced by neurodivergent staff
- The indicators that someone may be neurodivergent
- How to open-up a conversation with someone who you think may be experiencing difficulties with a neurodivergence
- Providing support to someone who is neurodivergent
- The legal risks and obligations to consider when managing someone with a condition related to neurodiversity
- How to approach managing performance or conduct issues related to the condition
Course duration and delivery
This 3.5 hour interactive course can be arranged for up to 12 delegates. We can deliver this session on site or virtually.
It is also available as part of our open course offering for individual participants. All our open courses that are delivered in half-day sessions are for only £95 + VAT per delegate. You can find the next available course date on the registration form.
For further details, including bespoke pricing, please get in touch using the below form.
Register your interest in this course
Submit your details and one of our team will be in touch.
You may also be interested in...
HR & Employment Law Essentials
Disciplinary & Grievances
Managing Sickness Absence