Download your free Christmas Party Memo
Prevent too much mistletoe and wine from causing havoc at your annual Christmas do
Prevention is always better than cure. If you’re holding a party to reward your hard-working employees, download a copy of our Christmas party memo to distribute to staff in advance.
Drafted by our Employment Law team, this guidance aims to ensure your party is filled with plenty of fun and no frustrations.
Here are three reasons why you should always provide your employees with clear guidelines ahead of any employee event:
- Making it clear in advance that this is technically a workplace activity and explaining that instances of misconduct will result in disciplinary action should help to deter unwanted behaviour.
- If serious wrongdoings do occur and you wish to take further action following the event, issuing a memo in advance or circulating a written policy will prevent employees from claiming that they were not aware of the consequences of their actions.
- Unauthorised absence or lateness the following day will be dealt with under the formal disciplinary procedure. Employees should keep this in mind when deciding how much to drink and how late to stay at the event.
If you would like one-to-one guidance from a dedicated Employment Law Adviser, who will take time to understand your business inside out and act as a genuine extension of your team, call us on 0345 226 8393 so we can better understand your current set up.
Claim your FREE Christmas Party Memo
About the Host
What our clients say
Brilliant Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety support for Employers
What makes us unique is that we combine the service quality of a law firm with the certainty of fixed-fee services to provide expert, solutions-focused Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety support tailored to your organisation.
Our aim is to help business owners:
- Proactively solve problems;
- Ensure regulatory compliance; and
- Achieve commercial objectives.
For further information please don’t hesitate to get in touch using the details below: