IOSH Managing Health & Safety Risks in the Education Sector
Two day course
The Education sector presents a variety of unique hazards and risks.
This exclusive course has been specially designed by WorkNest based on our extensive knowledge and experience of working with schools, colleges and other education and training providers. Largely equivalent to the IOSH Managing Safely course, it focuses solely on the Education sector and is compressed into two days in recognition of the limited time you have available.
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be awarded an IOSH-accredited certificate in Managing Health & Safety Risks in the Education Sector.
All of our Health & Safety training courses are designed and delivered by time served safety practitioners with significant hands on experience.
When you take our core Health & Safety service, any training will be delivered by your named consultant, enabling us to tailor the course to you for maximum impact.
Who should attend?
This two-day course is suitable for all teaching and support staff with supervisory duties who are in direct contact with students. It is particularly relevant to people employed in primary, secondary and special schools, as well as FE colleges and universities.
What will I learn?
Delegates will learn how to develop a health and safety culture lead from the top and gain the knowledge and confidence to manage risks in their areas of responsibility.
- Health and safety legislation, including individual and organisational duties and regulatory requirements (HSE, Ofsted)
- Common hazards and risks and the hierarchy of risk control measures
- Sensible risk management, including work experience placements and educational trips
- Incident management and reporting, including RIDDOR requirements
- Formulating a robust Health & Safety Policy and promoting a positive culture
- Planning for success through proactive monitoring procedures
Price and registration
£310 +VAT per delegate.
This price includes course materials and assessments.
Due to COVID-19, the course is currently being delivered virtually.
In addition to the information required for invoicing purposes (billing address), could all delegates please ensure that they provide the following details:
- The address where the training materials are to be delivered (shipping address)
- An active e-mail address that the delegate intends to use to receive the remote delivery of the course
Delegates should also ensure that the device they intend to use for the course has a functioning camera capability. This is required for the delegate to participate in the course and to ensure that the exam can be invigilated according to IOSH requirements.
WorkNest have both been extremely helpful and understanding throughout and beyond the four-day course. It has been a pleasure to learn from them.”
Zest 4 Leisure