At Ellis Whittam, we understand the pressure on football clubs when it comes to demonstrating compliance. Without proper procedures in place, you risk falling short during the audit process, which can put the future of your club in jeopardy.
Our unique approach for football organisations has been developed by an experienced Health & Safety Consultant with a strong background in the sport, having worked internally for a well-known premier league club as their competent person.
With our support, you can build a strong defence and reduce unnecessary stoppage time.
Download our Health & Safety for
Football Clubs Annual Audits Guide
Latest Football Club Blogs
No organisation is exempt from abiding by health and safety legislation, and while managing health and safety may not be the most exciting part of running your club, it’s an area where you can’t afford to fall short.
71-year-old Clive Churchhouse, who had carried out ‘odd jobs’ at the club for many years, suffered fatal injuries after he fell through fragile roof sheeting at the Clarence Park ground.
Keep a Clean Sheet with our Expert
Health & Safety Support
Ellis Whittam is proud to support professional football clubs, academies and community trusts across the UK with all aspects of health and safety compliance. Our dedicated Health & Safety Consultants work with organisations of all sizes to prepare them for the audit process and enable them to reach an exceptional standard.
The key elements of our service include:
- Creating a bespoke Health & Safety Policy and Statement that exactly mirrors the requirements of the audit to ensure you’re fully compliant and pass without any issues.
- Preparing and conducting risk assessments to identify and remedy any areas of non-compliance and support you in working towards health and safety standards such as ISO 18001.
- Providing specific advice and documentation on areas such as Fire Risk Assessments, pitch resurfacing works and any linked hospitality and leisure facilities.
- Offering practical advice on reducing, preparing for and dealing with civil claims.
- Reviewing your emergency procedures and working with you to develop a clear Emergency Action Plan to minimise risk when an incident occurs.
With Ellis Whittam as part of your winning formation, you can protect your organisation against significant financial and reputational risk and ensure that nothing holds you back from progressing as a club.