As of April 2017, these are the current rates.
MINIMUM WAGE RATES
The minimum wage rate varies according to age and whether the individual is an apprentice.
The National Living Wage (the rate for those aged 25 and over) is £7.50 per hour.
The National Minimum Wage (for those under the age of 25) is as follows:
- for 21 to 24 year olds, the rate is £7.05
- for 18 to 20 year olds, the rate is £5.60
- for 16 to 17 year olds, the rate is £4.05
- for apprentices, the rate is £3.50. Apprentices have the right to this rate if they are under 19 or if they are 19 or over and in their first year of their apprenticeship.
STATUTORY SICK PAY
STATUTORY MATERNITY PAY
- 90% of gross average weekly earnings for first 6 weeks leave and
£140.98 per week or 90% gross average weekly earnings (whichever is lower) for further 33 weeks.
STATUTORY SHARED PARENTAL PAY