Ellis Whittam is pleased to announce that we will be hosting a Cheshire Connect workshop for trustees, prospective trustees and chairs, CEOs, and senior managers of Cheshire-based charities.
Cheshire Connect is a registered charity which matches the skills and expertise of local businesses and professionals, kindly offered for free, with the needs of the voluntary and community sector.
The event, to be held at Ellis Whittam’s facility in Aldford on 13th May, will give delegates the opportunity to hear from Elizabeth Judson, Senior Employment Law Adviser at Ellis Whittam and trustee of Cheshire Connect. Elizabeth will examine the topic of good governance, sharing her knowledge of the law and offering practical advice based on her experience of advising charities on a daily basis. Questions addressed include:
- What is governance and why does it matter to you and your organisation?
- What’s the difference between governance and management?
- Trustee roles and responsibilities.
- Effective Board Meetings.
- Relationships between Trustees and CEOs – What good looks like, when it can go wrong, how to make it work.
The event runs from 10.00am until midday and will be followed by complimentary lunch and the opportunity to network.
The event is open to all Cheshire-based charities and you can register online here.