This course provides the vital knowledge needed to help reduce the risk of injury caused by transporting or supporting loads at work, by hand. By the end of the course, delegates will understand:
- What we mean by ‘manual handling’
- The law and the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- Common manual handling injuries
- The basics of manual handling risk assessment
- Manual handling control measures and strategies
- Safe manual handling techniques.
Who Should Attend
Those needing to ‘transport or support a load by hand or bodily force’ at work or those who assess and control such manual handling at work.
- Why we manage ‘Manual Handling’
- The impact of injury – moral, financial and legal.
- The Manual Handling Regulations 1992.
- Assessing the risks and what to consider
- Effective control measures
Course Duration / Timings
This course can be adapted to be a half or full day course to suit the organisation’s needs.
Please call us on 0345 226 8393 if you would like to arrange an in-house course.