Over the last 18 months, Marlowe PLC has acquired several leading business services groups, including Law at Work, Ellis Whittam, YouManage, esphr and HRSP. We have embarked on an ambitious integration programme which will be completed through 2021. These businesses will be brough together under a new brand and a consolidated business and approach, leveraging and building on the strengths of this considerable legacy.
Each are successful businesses, providing high-quality HR, Employment Law and Health and Safety advice to UK employers. Some 40,000 UK employers (in 45 vertical sectors) seek our advice on some of the most sensitive employee relations, workplace safety and compliance issues because of our focus on quality and pragmatic and professional advice and service.
As the Regional Health and Safety Manager you will effectively organise and line manage a team of Health and Safety Consultants within a geographical region ensuring they provide the highest quality health and safety consultancy to our clients. Alongside this, you will also have your own small portfolio of clients including high value Corporate and Key accounts.
This role is part of the Health and Safety Senior Management Team and will be instrumental in the development of all departmental objectives and projects.
Please contact us directly for a full job description.
Skills & Experience
To join the team, you’ll ideally have:
- Extensive knowledge of health and safety legislation and its application demonstrated by experience as a Health and Safety practitioner, preferably from a consultancy background.
- A minimum of four years at CMIOSH status, having been a practitioner for six years or more.
- Experience of having conducted fire risk assessments and emergency evacuation plans.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and experience managing a diverse and remote team of practitioners.
- Experience of a CRM and workload planning and management system.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to persuade and influence stakeholders
- Strategic thinking with the ability to develop and execute to tight deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and enthuse others
- Strong advocate of technology
- A competitive salary, depending on experience, plus a £5000 car allowance.
- 25 days annual leave increasing by 1 day with each full year’s service up to 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Medicash – A health cash plan with free prescriptions, eye tests, dental check-ups, prescription glasses, therapy treatments, Virtual GP service and more with children covered too. All paid for by us from Day 1 of employment.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Gym Membership Subsidy
- Flu Jab
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reward and Recognition schemes
- Social Committee and Events
If you are an experienced Health and Safety practitioner with strong leadership skills and experience managing a remote team then we would love to hear from you!