Over the last 18 months, Marlowe PLC has acquired several leading business services groups, including Law at Work, Ellis Whittam, YouManage, esphr and HRSP. We have embarked on an ambitious integration programme which will be completed through 2021. These businesses will be brought together under a new brand and a consolidated business and approach, leveraging and building on the strengths of this considerable legacy.
Each are successful businesses, providing high-quality HR, Employment Law and Health and Safety advice to UK employers. Some 40,000 UK employers (in 45 vertical sectors) seek our advice on some of the most sensitive employee relations, workplace safety and compliance issues because of our focus on quality and pragmatic and professional advice and service.
This role is home-based and requires frequent national travel. Our ideal candidates would be located in Scotland.
We enjoy market leading client satisfaction levels and have invested heavily in new technology platforms to help fuel the next generation of growth.
We have identified the LME (150 to 500 employee) market segment for high growth. We currently support over 350 clients in this segment and have identified a further c. 35,000 “addressable” targets for our propositions. Our new Key Account Manager will generate new clients and grow “high growth potential” clients through a consultative, B2B sales process. We aim to help HR and leadership teams to become more effective, whilst disrupting the traditional commercial law firm model.
We are looking for someone who brings energy, commercial awareness and relationship development skills and an interest and knowledge in HR. Our ideal candidate will be used to selling or providing any combination of professional services, SaaS technology and/or training services to senior HR executives. Your efforts will be supplemented by a talented and well-resourced Marketing and Lead Generation team, able to shape campaigns and collaterals to penetrate target markets and clients. We will also expect you to generate your own leads and opportunities, through referrals, channel partners and networking.
Core areas of work & accountabilities
- Conversion of new business and renewal contracts from “new logo” and existing clients (contract value £10,000 to £100,000 pa)
- Cross sell and upsell into existing defined client-base.
- Active support for colleagues required to ensure an initial service engagement is successful, so that further “land and expand” growth strategies can be deployed
Lead opportunity generation
- Collaborative development of key account-level and sector-level marketing campaigns with well-formed value propositions and follow up activities planned (typically involving Marketing, Product Management and professional advisers)
- Ownership of initial prospect / client engagement (typically MS Teams/Zoom, phone or mail)
Opportunity qualification and pre-sales briefing
- Qualification of sales opportunity through initial contact, adopting a criteria-based approach
- Discussion on the opportunity (and the Win Strategy) with the pre-sales team needed to convert the opportunity
Opportunity pursuit and process
- Progression of the sales opportunity, engagement with the full (prospect or client) stakeholder base to understand buying motives, criteria and competitive positioning
- Preparation of presentation and/or tender response in accordance with ITT requests, liaising with pre-sales, finance/pricing and other colleagues as required
- Briefing and preparation of the bid team where needed, completion of the appropriate formal presentation
Negotiation and Closing
- Proposal/tender response follow up, active engagement with all decision-making influences
- Anticipating and overcoming objections
- Successful negotiation of contracts
CRM maintenance and forecasting
- Current and accurate maintenance of all client, contact and opportunity information on Salesforce
- Proactive management of opportunity pipeline to ensure targets are met
- Use of Salesforce CPQ to ensure consistent, high-quality proposal and service agreement production and aide client experience
Ideal qualifications, skills and personal attributes
- Apart from professional sales skills, you will need to demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for success, excellent communication skills, strong commercial awareness, time management and organisational skills, alongside a solution mindset
- Ideally degree educated with 10+ years of experience in B2B sales
- Successful track record in selling and growing professional services, SaaS technology and/or training services to C-suite (notably HR and Managing Directors) in mid-market and/or corporate market
- Broad commercial awareness and experience
- Ability to lead development of sector / client specific campaigns
- A demonstrable background of opening new opportunities through a number of channels such as industry events, networking events, LinkedIn (Sales Navigator),
- Advanced Microsoft Office capability
- Proven use of sales methodology and sales process, including CRM (ideally Salesforce)
- The total package of £80-90,000 per annum.
If you are a successful sales professional, with positive energy and enthusiasm, who enjoys working in a fast-paced, results-driven and high reward business, then we want to hear from you!