HR & Recruitment Co-ordinator Advert – Chester
Do you have a sense of humour?
And a passion for HR and business?
Do you want to join an award winning company that encourages you to develop your full potential – and have an excellent work life balance?
We don’t ask for much….. just, a strong work ethic, ability to work at pace and someone who loves working in a team and communicating 😉 As trusted experts in employment law, HR and health & safety, we offer a range of flexible employee relations services under one roof. We’re genuinely a ‘Great Place to Work’… although don’t just take our word for it, the awards in our lobby speak for themselves. At WorkNest you will have the chance to shine. We provide real opportunities for growth and career development in a supportive and collegiate environment. You can take the next step in your career with WorkNest.
The best thing about this role is the exposure you’ll have to a diverse range of HR and Employment Law challenges as well as a varied portfolio of clients in a very dynamic, fast-moving company. You’ll work closely with our HR Consultants, Administrators and clients to provide day to day support. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to take the next step in their HR career or who has recently graduated from university with a HR related degree as you will gain excellent exposure to the full range of generalist HR whilst receiving coaching and mentoring from the HR Consultants. The role is based in the Chester office, however there is also the opportunity to work from home for part of the week as well as travelling to client sites.
You’ll have accountability for a variety of tasks such as but not limited to:
- To coordinate the provision of recruitment services including planning and organising campaigns, liaising with media suppliers, vacancy administration, carrying out telephone interviews, coordinating assessment days etc.
- Using LinkedIn and other platforms to headhunt/target candidates for retained recruitment searches.
- Managing and scheduling social media activity for recruitment campaigns and uploading vacancies on the WorkNest and client websites as required.
- To coordinate and provide outsourced HR support services to designated clients including
- New starters and leavers administration
- Coordination of induction and probationary period correspondence and communication
- Generating contract variation letters from templates and as directed, drafting letters to go to senior colleagues to send on to cleints’ employees
- Absence recording and reporting
- Payroll preparation
- HR filing and system audits.
- Delivering inductions for client employees virtually and in person.
- Conducting exit interviews where appropriate.
- Briefing agencies and managing agency relationships.
- To provide accurate practical support to clients and colleagues on a wide range of HR matters including:
- Monitoring client inboxes ensuring responses are acknowledged and actioned.
- Responding to everyday queries from clients and supporting Consultants on a wide range of basic employment law and best practice HR. (E.g. statutory rights, processes and procedures, holiday and maternity calculations, etc….)
- Supporting Consultants with a range of employee relations cases including preparing letters, note taking and documentation, (e.g. disciplinary, capability, absence management and grievances)
- Preparing policies, including drafting staff handbooks, which reflect or develop the client’s organisation culture and in line with latest legislation and best practice
- Preparing procedures and guidance documents for a range of HR subjects, as required, to support client requirements.
- Conducting research and assisting in the production of reports for clients on a range of matters, (e.g. salary and benefits benchmarking, staff surveys)
- Managing the PeopleNest HR software internally and for clients as well as setting up demos and tailoring set up and implementation of the system for clients.
- Attending scoping meetings for new clients to capture requirements and create SOPs and processes for new accounts to reflect the agreed processes.
- To support HR Consultants and Senior HR Consultants administering staff surveys and salary benchmarking including setting them up, handling technical queries, extracting data and presenting data for analysis.
- To support the HR Consultants in client facing meetings (including virtual meetings) as required (e.g. note taking at disciplinary or grievance meetings, HR audits).
- To work with HR Consultants to research and draft HR interventions to meet our clients’ needs.
- When required attending client employee meetings to take minutes.
- Using and updating the internal systems- CaseNest, Saleforce and others.
- Adding/uploading Contracts of employment and other client specific documentation WorkNest internal systems and client HR Systems as scoped.
- Using existing templates to draft basic letters and documentation.
A bit about you
Your friends would probably describe you as the one who’s really organised and gets things done. You’re the person who people come to when they have a problem. You thrive on challenge and problem solving. You love being part of a team but are equally happy to work independently.
You want to be part of a collaborative culture where you feel empowered but always know you’ll never be left alone.
You will thrive in working in a fast paced environment working on a variety of different tasks. You might have worked on a HR advisory line, or be a HR Administrator who is ready to take the next step having had experience in managing day to day HR queries and issues. Alternatively, you may have recently graduated with a HR related degree and you are looking for a role where you can put this knowledge to good use.
We place more importance on values alignment above technical ability but in this role, we’d really like you to have:
- Practical experience of working in a generalist HR role – with a sound understanding of employment practices and basic employment legislation
- Able to work on own initiative
- Customer and employee centric approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Methodical and highly organised
- Ability to learn quickly and driven to deliver best service to clients.
- Ability to work quickly and manage competing priorities
- Ability to quickly develop a strong working relationship with colleagues and clients
- Commercial and pragmatic problem solving
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Experience of working with an HR software package
- Excellent computing Skills, fluent in all Office Packages
This is a full time role, 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. The salary for this role is £24,000 to £28,000 and is dependent upon experience.
To be considered for the role please send us your CV along with a covering letter.