Over the last 18 months, Marlowe PLC has acquired several leading business services groups, including Law at Work, Ellis Whittam, YouManage, esphr and HRSP. We have embarked on an ambitious integration programme which will be completed through 2021. These businesses will be brough together under a new brand and a consolidated business and approach, leveraging and building on the strengths of this considerable legacy.
Each are successful businesses, providing high-quality HR, Employment Law and Health and Safety advice to UK employers. Some 40,000 UK employers (in 45 vertical sectors) seek our advice on some of the most sensitive employee relations, workplace safety and compliance issues because of our focus on quality and pragmatic and professional advice and service.
As a Health and Safety Consultant you will provide high quality health and safety consultancy services to our clients acting as the ‘competent person’ for your client portfolio. Alongside this you will also support our clients by providing advice and guidance via email and telephone.
This role will allow you to be home-based and provide you with a wide variety of clients, helping you develop and maintain a varied skill set. In relation to your personal development, there are regular CPD sessions and an ongoing development budget.
We are currently recruiting for a home-based Health and Safety Consultant to join our team who is located in the Central Belt of Scotland.
Skills & Experience
To join the team, you’ll ideally have:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- GradIOSH with aspiration to achieve CMIOSH
- Candidates who are TechIOSH but have the relevant experience will still be considered.
- Evidence of working as a health and safety adviser either as a consultant or as an employed adviser across a wide range of industries or in an enforcement capacity.
- Experience of having conducted fire risk assessments and emergency evacuation plans.
- Experience of food hygiene audits.
- Capable of demonstrating an ability to achieve service excellence and a significant contribution to improving health and safety performance.
- Highly organised, efficient and effective at managing own workloads.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and enthuse people.
- Adept in the use of MS Office and ability to grasp new CRM and auditing software.
- A competitive salary, depending on experience/IOSH status, plus a £5,000 car allowance.
- 25 days annual leave increasing by 1 day with each full year’s service up to 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Medicash – A health cash plan with free prescriptions, eye tests, dental check-ups, prescription glasses, therapy treatments, Virtual GP service and more including cover for children. All paid for by us from Day 1 of employment.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Gym Membership Subsidy
- Flu Jab
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reward and Recognition schemes
- Social Committee and Events
If you have the skills and experience required for this role then we would love to hear from you!