Over the last 18 months, Marlowe PLC has acquired several leading business services groups, including Law at Work, Ellis Whittam, YouManage, esphr and HRSP. We have embarked on an ambitious integration programme which will be completed through 2021. These businesses will be brought together under a new brand and a consolidated business and approach, leveraging and building on the strengths of this considerable legacy.
Each are successful businesses, providing high-quality HR, Employment Law and Health and Safety advice to UK employers. Some 40,000 UK employers (in 45 vertical sectors) seek our advice on some of the most sensitive employee relations, workplace safety and compliance issues because of our focus on quality and pragmatic and professional advice and service.
As an Employment Law Adviser in our Contracts and Handbooks team, you will be required to provide high quality employment law advice to clients specifically in relation to their policies and procedures. You will be responsible for drafting of contracts, handbooks and associated policies in line with client requirements in addition to developing and maintaining our precedent documentation.
As we are not a private practice there is no billing, networking or need to bring a client base with you!
The role will be based at either our Alford or Glasgow office or from home.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To join us you’ll need to be:
- A qualified employment lawyer with 0-3 PQE years or have relevant equivalent experience (CIPD, CILEX etc.)
- OR an employment law adviser with two or more years practical experience as a dedicated employment/HR adviser
- Client focused
- Commercially aware
Whilst you will need to be fully competent to provide advice in the core areas of employment law, you may still be developing your skills and knowledge and we can help you do this! We can provide you with the training and development you need to progress in your career.
If you are successful, we will provide you with a competitive salary depending on experience.
- 25 days annual leave increasing by 1 day with each full year’s service up to 30 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Medicash – A health cash plan with free prescriptions, eye tests, dental check-ups, prescription glasses, therapy treatments, Virtual GP service and more with children covered too. All paid for by us from Day 1 of employment.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Gym Membership Subsidy
- Flu Jab
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reward and Recognition schemes
- Social Committee and Events