We are 5 businesses (WorkNest, Law at Work, ESP HR, YoumanageHR and HR Services Partnership), all of whom have been recently acquired by Marlowe Plc. All these businesses have strong reputations, proving high quality professional advice and/or on-line platforms to guide UK employers with the full range of Employment Law, HR and Health and Safety matters.
Over the summer and autumn of 2021, we will be combining these businesses in a new legal entity and corporate brand with one vision. With a well-resourced Project Office in place, we will be consolidating systems and processes and establishing the platform and organisation for growth. These challenges will demand resource and time but the most important contribution to our success will be colleague engagement levels.
We are looking to appoint an inspiring, delivery-focused and commercial Chief People Officer to positively influence the full range of our “colleague offer”. Colleagues are at the forefront of everything we do. This is not “fluffy stuff”; our business success is directly related to the extent to which our colleagues are engaged. We are blessed with strong engagement levels; our challenge now is to combine and harness that goodwill in a new, merging organisation.
Working with the current People team (HR Advisor and HR Officer), the successful candidate will be responsible for leading all People initiatives required to support a business employing c. 370 colleagues. This employee base will grow, with further acquisitions planned. As a member of our senior leadership team, the successful candidate is also expected to play his/her full part in strategic planning, leadership development, acquisitions and (PLC) Board level reporting settings.
Core areas of work
- People and engagement planning and reporting
- Team leadership and capacity planning
- Colleague engagement
- Acquisitions and integrations
- Learning and development
- Performance and development
- Recruitment and selection
- Employee relations management
- Project, policies and procedures
For a full job description please contact our HR department.
- Degree educated (desirable)
- CIPD qualified
- Chartered Membership of the CIPD (desirable)
Knowledge and experience
- Senior leadership experience, ideally in a Main Board or Divisional Board setting
- Demonstrable record of co-ordinating and delivering pro-active, high impact leadership and colleague engagement initiatives
- Broad general experience across the full spectrum of HR / People activities
- Experience of managing significant organisational change, ideally to include the integration of newly acquired businesses
- Up to date HR and employment law knowledge
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Leadership skills, including influencing and negotiating
- Team player with relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- An organised individual with high levels of attention to detail
- Calm, personable, confident and credible at the most senior levels
- Pragmatic and commercial
- Proficient IT skills, specifically the use of Microsoft Office applications and HR software